For many people, work is more than a job — it is tied to their identity, their future goals and their financial stability. That is why employment conflicts can be incredibly emotional and frustrating.
Phyllis Pollack, President of PGP Mediation in Los Angeles, California, provides employment mediation services aimed at helping employees and employers find workable solutions without the added stress of litigation.
PGP Mediation provides comprehensive employment mediation services for complex disputes regarding a wide range of employment issues, including:
- Discrimination: Claims of discrimination arise when employees feel that employers are limiting their employment opportunities because of race, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion or other similar factors.
- Sexual harassment: When an employer or co-worker offers promotion or other benefits in exchange for sexual favors, or when an employee feels like the workplace is a hostile environment, a sexual harassment claim could result.
- Family and Medical Leave Act violations: Employers have an obligation to provide employees with unpaid medical leave for certain health and family reasons, without risk of losing employment.
- Wage and hour disputes: These claims can involve failure to pay adequate wages, to pay overtime wages, to provide adequate break and rest times, and misclassification.
- Wrongful termination: There are strict rules surrounding the termination of an employee.
- Employment contracts: A variety of misunderstandings and disput